- Full Time
By now, you have spent some time honing your talent.
You have learnt that designing something cool is not so cool if your client is not cool with it. You think that you have bypassed the ‘change this colour na please’ phase only till it comes back to bite you in the ass. You might have realised that ‘Portfolio projects’ don’t really pan out if your idea does not work for the brand. You have spent hours looking at National Geographic and Lonely Planet layouts as part of your ‘knowledge gain’. You have also gone and designed the occasional logo or a wedding card to help with your finances, only to realise that freelance doesn’t really work the way you thought it does.
However, you have now started becoming better at what you do. Projects excite you more than they scare you. You are getting the hang of thinking bigger and better always. Stuff that kept you awake at night has become simple and easy to crack. You now know that you have the right aptitude and you also know that you can work your ass off. Maybe it is time you gave yourself the right opportunity.
Experience: 2-3 years
Required Skills: Good at communication, writing and expert with design tools. Should have a diverse and creative portfolio. Should be an expert at software.
Tools: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, MS Word, MS Excel, Google docs, Dropbox, Apple Keynote.
We want someone who:
- Is good at understanding detailed briefs and acting upon them
- Is good at understanding and designing different kinds of layouts
- Understands the industry and the eco-system
- Has good communication skills and is able to read, write and speak in good English
- Is aware of work being done in agencies all over the world
- Has a good system of reference for all forms of graphic design
- Has knowledge about materials, vendors and execution techniques
- Is a solution provider, someone who is proactive and hands-on
- Understands and is aware of trends in digital marketing and new media
- Is strongly motivated to survive in a highly competitive and difficult field
You won’t like it here if:
- You are not focussed. We want you to learn & grow fast
- You are not a master of your software. You will not be able to deliver
- You can handle only one brief at a time. Unfortunately, time is of the essence and multi-tasking is the need of the hour
- If you do not want to learn
- If you don’t enjoy your work
- If you don’t want to get your hands dirty. From dealing with vendors and clients to site visits, we do everything ourselve
- If you are in it for the wrong reasons. We come to work early and try to leave early. Party/sleep/chill, your time, your choice.
Good to have:
- Aspire to be a strategic thinker and solve problems for brands
- Aspire to write content and copy for own designs
- Desire to grow and learn
- Interested in UI/UX, Experiential Design, Signage and Wayfinding
- A burning and inexplicable love for design; like Batman has for Gotham
- A love for chai, shorts & flip-flops, cause that’s how we roll
If interested, please send your work to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Published by: Rezonant