Bengaluru Airport Experiential Graphics
What’s the best way to welcome people into Karnataka? Well, serve them delicious meals on arrival, get them a good baggage experience and treat them to dollops of Karnataka traditional art. With a difference.
Last year, we launched a specialised service called ‘Branded Art’. We wanted to explore if the rich heritage of Indian art could be married to custom content for customers. We got an opportunity to propose this scheme at Bengaluru Airport, and the clients (rockstars all) readily agreed.
This is what we did:
- Identify and study art from Karnataka
- Understand the core brand proposition of Bengaluru Airport (‘wow’ passenger experience)
- Understand the hows of the creation of this experience
- Find great stories of the features and services at the airport
- Draw these stories out in art forms of Karnataka
Sustainable Development – The core mantra of Bengaluru Airport
As it turned out, Bengaluru Airport’s design principle relies heavily on ‘Sustainable Development’. The word sustainable, for the masterminds of the airport runs deep.
- It meant involving local communities and taking them along on the growth story.
- It meant drawing heavily on local flavours for the design – Rangoli, Palash flower, Toranaas etc.
- It involved use of local materials
- It included sensitive handling of the environment, including zero-waste philosophies
- It envisioned the best experience for the passenger
About Bengaluru Airport
Kempegowda International Airport is an international airport serving the Indian city of Bengaluru. It is 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) south of Devanahalli and is 40 kilometres (25 mi) from the central business district of Bengaluru, and covers 4,700 acres. Read more at the wiki page here.